Work in partnership with other businesses
It's better working together, and many UK businesses are already partnering up to tackle climate change.
A few existing partnerships to get you started are:
- UK Business Climate Hub
- Federation for Small Businesses (FSB) - Small Business Sustainability Hub
- North East England Chamber of Commerce (NEECC)
Stockton Business Climate Coalition
The Stockton Business Climate Coalition has brought together a range of businesses at different stages of their sustainability journey. It is clear they have one thing in common: a shared enthusiasm to maximise this unique opportunity by working in collaboration. Together they have already developed some great ideas on how they can engage and learn from each other.
If you are interested in learning more or becoming a member of the coalition, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Tees Valley Net Zero
The Tees Valley is working towards its ambition to become the world's first Net Zero industrial cluster by 2040.
Tees Valley presents a ready-made and cost-effective cluster which can achieve long-term decarbonisation at affordable cost. It is geographically and industrially suited for large-scale decarbonisation, and is home to Teesworks, the UK's largest Freeport, and Net Zero Teesside, the UK's premier net zero project.
Research and technology organisations including the Centre for Process Innovation (CPI), TWI and the Materials Processing Institute provide unparalleled expertise and support in the development of clean technologies.
There are some fantastic businesses and organisations in the Tees Valley all playing their part, working together and contributing to the UK's Net Zero ambitions. Read the Tees Valley Net Zero Strategy or for examples of businesses working towards their goals visit the Tees Valley Net Zero case studies webpage.
Planet Mark Net Zero Programme
Planet Mark Net Zero Programme is a programme to bring communities regular sustainability and net zero carbon workshops and services at scale, in partnership with Local Authorities and local business groups. This includes:
- support for local communities with regular workshops, ideally on a quarterly basis. This means that whenever an organisation reaches the stage that they would like to learn more, there will be an upcoming workshop to direct them towards that support
- providing a 'Cumulative Impact Report' demonstrating collective carbon reductions and achievements of all Planet Mark certified businesses within your local area
- providing marketing and communication support to help get local communities engaged in sustainability and net zero carbon
- offering a 10% discount for your local businesses to have their carbon footprints measured and certified
To explore partnering up with Planet Mark on this Net Zero Community Programme, email email@example.com